Hi, I'm Emma Brookes. Global Framework Implementation Manager at Fonterra.
Performance driven operations and project management professional with extensive experience in the dairy industry across the US and New Zealand.
Currently employed by Fonterra and based in Auckland working on implementation of critical risk standards across the Fonterra group.
Demonstrated leadership qualities with an established track record of meeting and exceeding company targets. Adds value quickly and uses a wide range of skills to move a group of people towards a shared vision. Relentless and versatile learner that thrives in deadline-driven environments.
Innovative ability to analyze problems, visualize solutions and drive through to sustainable improvement. Passionate commitment to ensuring the well being and safety of people.
Emma Brookes's Background
Emma Brookes's Experience
Consultant at Pacific Process (US) Inc
June 2011 - October 2012 | Visalia, California
o Built a training system from scratch for a spray drying plant to distill highly technical information into learning material that an unskilled workforce could understand and use. This resulted in a reduction of plant downtime and increased the quality of final product.
o Implemented lean manufacturing tools into process logging documentation to enable effective plant monitoring during production runs. As a result plant operators are able to focus on more important tasks using the time gained.
o Coached plant management to use change management techniques when introducing new standardized processes so that employees were engaged and understood the call to action.
o Provided supply chain and export advice for a major greenfield project to reduce transportation costs and create warehousing efficiency
o Created a quality system/structure to a New Zealand export standard to support export of product into Asian markets.
Health and Safety Manager, NZ Logistics at Fonterra
November 2009 - April 2011
* Focus on high consequence hazards using the bow tie method resulted in reduction of serious harm injuries
* Coached leaders by creating accountability for personal safety commitments resulting in employee engagement in safety programs which in turn increased incident and hazard reporting.
* Creation of lead indicators ensured management attention of the factors critical to maintaining a sound health and safety management system resulting in reduction in uncontrolled hazards and incidents requiring corrective action after investigation.
* Led implementation of global safety audit program for the business unit
Warehouse Manager at Fonterra
November 2008 - November 2009
* Responsible for management of 20 staff across three Warehousing/Distribution sites.
* Introduced lean manufacturing tools such as a daily management system, standard work and problem solving techniques resulting in elimination of issues such as missed outbound product deliveries and incorrect labeling issues.
* Analyzed and investigated the root causes of near misses and unsafe behavior, developed improved leadership behaviour of reporting supervisors resulting in proactive management of safety issues and improvement in reporting and analysis of near-miss data.
* Managed appropriate staffing levels to balance customer requirements and labour cost budgets including completion of the recruitment process and management and co-ordination of temporary labour as required.
* Contributed to the setting of Operational and Capital Expenditure budgets and provided monthly analysis and feedback on monthly cost variances vs. budget
Emma Brookes's Education
University of Auckland
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
University of Waikato
2010 – 2010
Post Graduate Diploma
Concentration: Management Studies
University of Waikato
2001 – 2005
Concentration: Professional Education
Emma Brookes's Interests & Activities
Road cycling, wine appreciation and shopping